Bob Wilkins

The original construction of the log cabin was in the 1840s by Gabriel Bailey, Sr., who was the great, great Grandfather of the present owners, Robert and Deborah Wilkins. It was moved to its present location on Shiloh Church Road in 2001 from another farm which was formally owned by Gabriel Bailey. This cabin was originally used as a separate dining room from the main house, and also had a bedroom upstairs. The land it now sits on was also once part of the Bailey Estate. It was purchased by Jesse and Thelma Bailey Wilkins in 1945 from Robert D. Bailey. This quilt pattern was chosen due to the passion for quail hunting, and quail dog training of the current owner of the cabin and his father, Jesse B. Wilkins, Sr.

Quilt Square by Chrystal Hardt • Photography by Ken Martin