The Person County Tourism Development Authority (PCTDA) is now hiring for:
DIGITAL MARKETING & CONTENT MANAGER
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The Person County Tourism Development Authority (PCTDA) is an independent, quasi-government organization. The mission of the PCTDA is to promote the growth of responsible tourism through marketing strategies and programs that balance economic growth with the need to preserve the natural and cultural heritage of Roxboro and the Person County area. As a small, efficient operation, we operate in a team environment; therefore, it is necessary that all staff of the PCTDA work closely together and in many cases, share operational responsibilities. This position must share in this culture and lead by example.
This position is a supporting role to the Person County Tourism Development Authority in carrying out the mission of the organization and is responsible for a variety of areas related to contribution, management and support of social media content, marketing initiatives in accordance with the strategic plan and promotion/organization/maintenance of the Visitors and Information Center (VIC) gift shop. The position reports directly the the Executive Director. This is NOT a remote position.
KEY AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
Social Media Content Management – The team member will work under the direction of the Executive Director, and in collaboration with team members, local partners, and advertising companies, etc. to ensure that the PCTDA provides timely, relevant, quality content in all digital platforms to promote Roxboro/Person County as a year-around destination in furtherance of the organization’s mission/strategic plan.
Marketing Initiatives – The team member will work under the direction of the Executive Director to: (1) establish and execute marketing plans in furtherance of the PCTDA’s mission, and (2) plan in accordance with the organization’s strategic plan all aspects of marketing, public relations, media hosting, VIC gift shop promotions and trade shows.
Information Management – The team member will play a vital role in organizing and managing the content of PCTDA digital and printed media including, but not limited to the website, event calendars – weekly/monthly/yearly, rack cards, brochures, maps, etc. online/displayed at the VIC and other locations.
Visitor and Information Center – The team member will: (1) serve as the initial point of contact for the VIC, (2) organize and maintain merchandise inventory, (3) ensure that the inventory is displayed and rotated seasonally as necessary, (4) promote the VIC through the sales of merchandise onsite and online, (5) process orders/payments in a timely manner, and (6) maintain the visitors/sales data base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Position is responsible for producing compelling written and visual content (audio, video, streaming) for website, social media, and marketing initiatives that aligns with the PCTDA’s mission/strategic plan and engages with potential visitors to Roxboro/Person County.
- Ensures rack displays are filled, and brochures current.
- Analyzes and reports insights/data related to social media post and other digital performance metrics.
- Researches, writes and publishes weekly and monthly event calendars. Writes blog stories, e-newsletter content, website and social media posts.
- Oversees/monitors day-to-day social media conversations.
- Maintains a current”Asset List” of attractions and visitor opportunities in Roxboro/Person County.
- Creates and maintains photo library. Controls distribution of photos to appropriate publications, obtains and keeps on file all signed release forms.
- Maintains a well-informed, working knowledge of Roxboro/Person County hotels, restaurants, attractions, venues and services available to potential visitors.
- As assigned by the Executive Director, collects and creates new media content by attending local events though out Roxboro/Person County, and builds relations and awareness of regional opportunities (i.e., VIR, Danville, South Boston, Oxford, etc.).
- Works with our partners, outside video contractors, freelancers, and local content creators to develop brand assets, as well as manage contracted photo/video shoots.
- Serves as the point of contact for digital assets and works closely with the Executive Director to source, create, and organize content to be used for PCTDA’s social media platforms, website, etc. including original photography, short video, and graphics.
- Maintains an active data base of travel writers, editors and media associates based on specific interests.
- Maintains files of published stories generated by/for the PCTDA.
- As directed by the Executive Director, attends PR/other related events to pitch ideas and stories about Roxboro/Person County.
- Serves as the initial point of contact at the Visitors and Information Center (VIC). Promptly and accurately interacts by telephone, e-mail, written correspondence and in person with industry, partners and the public. Organizes/maintains merchandise inventory in the VIC. Ensures that inventory is displayed and rotated seasonally, as necessary. Promotes VIC through sales of merchandise, onsite and online. Processes order/payments in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- The PCTDA Board reserves the discretion to modify the duties of the position at any time.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or equivalent field.
- Minimum of 1-4 years’ of experience in digital marketing, social media, communication, journalism and/or public relations.
- Social Media and Writing skills.
- Strong working knowledge of social media and current platforms/technology.
- Knowledge and understand of e-marketing techniques and principles (intermediate to advanced level).
- Excellent presentation skills, comfortable presenting to groups internally and externally.
- Basic photography and/or video production/editing experience.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite Premier Pro, Photoshop, Lightroom, or other editing software.
- Exception computer skills; highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Canva.
- Experience working with web content management systems such as Word Press.
- Team player who understands the need to be flexible and adaptable.
- Extensive knowledge of tourism related attractions, services and amenities of Roxboro/Person County.
- Knowledge and understanding of online tools and platforms, including blogs, forums, Facebook (including Facebook Ads), Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, You Tube, Tic Tok and the language that is used in these communities.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be organized, effectively manage time, multi-task, be self-motivated and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Employee must have a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
- Employee may be required to work both inside and outside of office and may experience long periods of sitting, standing, walking, speaking and listening.
- Ability to occasionally lift, cary, push up to 25 pounds.
Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (October 1 – April 30)
Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Saturday, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (May 1 – September 30,2020)
This is a non-exempt position. The hourly rate is 19.23/hr. A benefit supplement is also given.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide, a cover letter to include your qualifications in meeting the above criteria, your resume and application. Applications must be received electronically by November 30, 2022, electronically at the following email address:
PCTDA is An Equal Opportunity Employer, A pre-employment screenings will be conducted.